This workshop will be highly experiential and interactive, involving demos, exercises and roleplays. It will cover:
The choreography of an interdisciplinary collaborative case
- the initial client interview – explaining team process, overcoming resistance, understanding advocacy needs
- process design – when do you need a Financial Professional? a Family Professional?
- team preparation
- the debrief – with the clients and with the team
NEW! Comprehensive Collaborative Team Protocols
High performance teams
- the evolution to settlement advocacy
- the importance of neutrality
- how the team can manage common case challenges
- running effective meetings
- interest-based negotiation
- key communication skills
- working with the neuroscience that drives human behaviour
The role of the law in an interest-based process
- understanding power
- understanding fairness
- the interplay of law, interests and fairness
Professional breakout sessions
- the Role of the Neutral Facilitator
- the Role of the Neutral Financial Professional
- advocacy issues for settlement lawyers
This training meets CPT, OCLF and IACP standards for training and trainers
*This training contains 2 hours 5 minutes Professionalism Hours and 18 hours 40 minutes Substantive Hours*
Please complete and return this registration form and payment to confirm your space.
Note: Materials and protocols will be provided.
Cancellation Policy: by October 14, 2016, full refund with $25 administration fee; by October 21, 2016, 50% refund with $25 administration fee; no refund after October 28, 2016.
For information please contact Alison Anderson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (416) 884-2842